Local Actor Christopher Ranney Arrested for Crimes against a Minor
Updated: Nov 9, 2021
by: ABQRAW Staff
Posted: October 26, 2021 / 5:40PM MDT
Updated: 11/9/2021 / 2:11PM MDT
Actor Entrepreneur Christopher Ranney is Facing some serious legal issues according to a criminal complaint we obtained after an arrest
We have learned new details pertaining to the ownership status of Christopher Ranney at the Sol Acting Studios and his actual involvement with the business.
An update to the Chris Ranney story:
Shortly after our story ran on October 9th, Sol Acting Studios put out a social media statement regarding the arrest and criminal complaint against co owner Chris Ranney. He is accused of raping a family member child over a five year period. The complaint does not reference any other victims.
Ranney has cited publicly numerous times that he is a co-owner of Sol Acting Studios in numerous movie acting websites. Sol Acting studios gave us an update that Ranney was being removed from ownership.
On 11/02/2021, Ranney had a pre-trial hearing where it was determined he was not a threat to society.
He was released with these conditions:
- No Alcoholic Beverages
Shall not possess and/or consume any alcoholic beverages.
- No contact with victim or witness
Shall not have contact with victim(s) or family(ies) of victim(s).
- Not to Leave County and/or State
- Do not violate any federal, state, tribal, or local laws
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS
- Notify court, attorney & bondsman of change of address
- Submit to urine analysis or alcohol test
UPON REQUEST OF JSDP/PTS
- Will not possess firearms or dangerous weapons
- Will not take or use drugs without a prescription
- Shall not buy, sell, consume, possess drugs w/o prescription
- GPS Tracking Device/Ankle Bracelet
- Release on personal recognizance.
PML - LEVEL TO BE DETERMINED BY JDSP/PTS
- Maintain weekly contact with defense counsel
- No contact with child under age 18
- Not to Return to Location of Alleged Incident
- Be on pretrial supervision and abide by all conditions set
Be on pretrial supervision and abide by all conditions set by the court and by pretrial services;
- Report to Pre-Trial Services
On 11/08/2021, a grand jury met and indicted Ranney on all of the charges, and an arraignment will happen on 11/15/2021.
Sol Acting Studio updated some information today on their Facebook page:
We will update again as this story develops.